with Sara Lucarelli
Saturdays 2.00 pm 3.30 pm
Pre-book £7.00 (£3.00 concessions)
483a Barlow Moor Road
- Beginners (Level 0)
Our workshops are open to everyone – children, teens, mums, dads, grandparents and carers. You do not need to be super fit, just arrive with a willing spirit!
Yoga and mindfulness are great for children and families, as they offer a chance for imaginative discovery of self, collaboration with peers and family members, as well as non-competitive movement, dance, fun and laughter.
During the workshops you’ll enjoy:
- Energetic and exciting yoga activities to challenge everyone
- Partner work to encourage teamwork and bonding
- Breathing practices to calm the mind and body
- Rejuvenating relaxations and fun guided imagery
- Mindfulness activities involving creative art and craft
- The enjoyment of learning and spending time together
- A feeling of calm and tranquillity, helping families to relax in each other’s company.
Each session ends with a creative session which promotes a sense of Mindfulness, being in the moment and expressing ourselves through themed art and craft.
You’ll all return home feeling rejuvenated; overflowing with love in your hearts, and a sparkle in your eyes!
Each session is based around a story:
6th July – Alice in Wonderland
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?” The Mad Hatter
Family Yoga in July following the White Rabbit into a myriad of bizarre scenarios as we move through the classic children’s book using creative movement, somatics, storytelling and song.
Every session ends with an opportunity to create something linked to the theme or story explored. Materials are provided but feel free to bring your own embellishments :)
Parent/ guardian and first child attend for £7, subsequent parent or siblings pay £3.
All profits from this class go to Manchester Women’s Aid.
The Yoga Rooms
- Monday Mornings
- 10.15 am
- 11.30 am
- Dance First Steps for Children
- The last class of the term is on Monday 1st July.
- Sunday Afternoons
- 2.00 pm
- 3.30 pm
- Sunday Family Yoga
- This class is on monthly on the 3rd Sunday of each month: 16th June, 21st July, 18th August, 22nd September, 20th October, 17th November.