with Sara Lucarelli
Saturdays 1.00 pm 2.30 pm
Pre-book £6.00 (£3.00 concessions)
483a Barlow Moor Road
- Beginners (Level 0)
Our workshops are open to everyone – children, teens, mums, dads, grandparents and carers. You do not need to be super fit, just arrive with a willing spirit!
Yoga and mindfulness are great for children and families, as they offer a chance for imaginative discovery of self, collaboration with peers and family members, as well as non-competitive movement, dance, fun and laughter.
During the workshops you’ll enjoy:
- Energetic and exciting yoga activities to challenge everyone
- Partner work to encourage teamwork and bonding
- Breathing practices to calm the mind and body
- Rejuvenating relaxations and fun guided imagery
- Mindfulness activities involving creative art and craft
- The enjoyment of learning and spending time together
- A feeling of calm and tranquillity, helping families to relax in each other’s company.
Each session ends with a creative session which promotes a sense of Mindfulness, being in the moment and expressing ourselves through themed art and craft.
You’ll all return home feeling rejuvenated; overflowing with love in your hearts, and a sparkle in your eyes!
Each session is based around a story:
8th September – How to Hide a Lion
Family Yoga in September involves a mission to hide a lion, following the gorgeous children’s book. Join Iris on a mission to squeeze and squash her furry new friend into a variety of sneaky spots, as Helen Stephens’ magical book comes to life through creative movement, somatics, storytelling and song.
First child attends for £6 subsequent siblings pay £3.
All profits from this class go to Manchester Women’s Aid.