with Sara Lucarelli
Saturdays 2.00 pm 3.30 pm
Pre-book £7.00 (£3.00 concessions)
483a Barlow Moor Road
- Beginners (Level 0)
Our workshops are open to everyone – children, teens, mums, dads, grandparents and carers. You do not need to be super fit, just arrive with a willing spirit!
Yoga and mindfulness are great for children and families, as they offer a chance for imaginative discovery of self, collaboration with peers and family members, as well as non-competitive movement, dance, fun and laughter.
During the workshops you’ll enjoy:
- Energetic and exciting yoga activities to challenge everyone
- Partner work to encourage teamwork and bonding
- Breathing practices to calm the mind and body
- Rejuvenating relaxations and fun guided imagery
- Mindfulness activities involving creative art and craft
- The enjoyment of learning and spending time together
- A feeling of calm and tranquillity, helping families to relax in each other’s company.
Each session ends with a creative session which promotes a sense of Mindfulness, being in the moment and expressing ourselves through themed art and craft.
You’ll all return home feeling rejuvenated; overflowing with love in your hearts, and a sparkle in your eyes!
Each session is based around a story:
2nd November – Paddington Bear
‘I think I may paint a family portrait now. That is, if I have enough paint left for all the smiles.’ – Paddington Bear
Join us this November for adventures with Paddington Bear as he arrives in London with nothing but a suitcase and a jar of marmalade. As ever we will explore yogic movement, breath and sound through storytelling, song and somatic movement.
Every session ends with an opportunity to create something linked to the theme or story explored. Materials are provided but feel free to bring your own embellishments :)
Parent/ guardian and first child attend for £7, subsequent parent or siblings pay £3.
All profits from this class go to Manchester Women’s Aid.